To check website homepage performance:
Step 1: Go to the BlogVault website and sign in using your email ID.
Step 2: On the BlogVault site listing page, select the website you want to check.
Step 3: Once you select the website, you’ll be taken to the Site Detail page. In that page, you can view the PERFORMANCE section.
There are 3 parts in the performance section.
- Load Time is the time taken for your site to completely load.
- Pagespeed Insight Score is the score given by Google's Pagespeed Insight tool, which analyses a web page on desktop devices based on its actual performance and recommends certain actions accordingly.
- YSlow Score is the score reported by Yahoo's YSlow tool which analyses a web page and assesses the best practices for enabling high-speed performance.
Click on Details to see the website homepage performance details.
Step 4: After clicking on details, you will be taken to a page with Google's Pagespeed Insight tool score
First, let us understand the Pagespeed Insight Score. It is the score Google is assigning your website homepage's page speed on desktop devices, based on its actual performance.
There are two sections within this:
- Fixes are the number of recommendations that you still need to work on.
- The Already Fixed number tells you the number of recommendations you have already performed and completed.
Based on your Pagespeed Insight score, you will receive recommendations for enhancing your page load speed. You can also check which recommendation holds more weight in the Rule Impact column. Rule Impact represents the positive impact on your site, once a recommendation is followed, in a numeric value. Higher the number, the higher the impact.
You can click on the v sign to learn more about any specific recommendation.